An 80-year-old woman died of electrocution after she came in contact with a high-tension line passing through the balcony of her house in the Mirzapur village of Greater Noida Saturday.
“The woman died on the spot. She could not be taken to the hospital. After the electrocution, the woman lay motionless and the family members came later for her rescue. The family has not filed any complaint. If any complaint comes, we will take action based on it,” said a police officer.
The police said they sent her body for post-mortem and are taking further action.
Meanwhile, a video related to the incident went viral over social media. It showed an electric wire hanging very low and passing through her balcony.