Panjab University has secured an A++ grade in the recent assessment conducted by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). This marks the university’s first-ever attainment of the highest grade, with a cumulative score of 3.68 out of 4.
During the assessment period from August 2-4, 2023, a peer team from NAAC evaluated Panjab University’s performance across various criteria. A PU spokesman said the university’s consistent excellence was acknowledged across all seven parameters, reflecting comprehensive growth. NAAC released the scores on the evening of August 12.
The scored criteria and respective scores are as follows:
1. Curricular Aspects – 3.87
2. Teaching-Learning and Evaluation – 3.40
3. Research, Innovations and Extension – 3.73
4. Infrastructure and Learning Resources – 3.60
5. Student Support and Progression – 3.74
6. Governance, Leadership and Management – 3.57
7. Institutional Values and Best Practices – 4.00
Panjab University’s achievement places it among a select group of Indian universities assessed in the fourth cycle.
Notably, this A++ grade is the highest score the university has ever obtained in a NAAC assessment.
Professor Renu Vig, Vice Chancellor of Panjab University, expressed gratitude towards the NAAC Peer Team for their diligent review of data and valuable suggestions. She also extended her appreciation to the university’s faculty, staff, and other stakeholders for their significant contributions to this noteworthy accomplishment.